Now Playing: Can I say "Fuck Torture" in America or is the slogan "I LOVE USA TORTURE"
Z3 Readers, know all too well that I CANT STAND TORTURE.
Here is an email link to a website that is urging Obama to "do something"
Waterboarding. Slamming into walls. Excruciating physical positions.
The United States tortured detainees after September 11, 2001. Make
sure this does not happen again. Call on the President to create a
non-partisan commission to investigate the torture and abuse of
detainees. Help protect America’s national security and re-establish
its standing in the world.
We call on the President of the United States to establish an
independent, non-partisan commission to examine and report publicly on
torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment of detainees in the
period since September 11, 2001. The commission, comparable in stature
to the 9/11 Commission, should look into the facts and circumstances of
such abuses, report on lessons learned, and recommend measures that
would prevent any future abuses. We believe that the commission is
necessary to reaffirm America ’s commitment to the Constitution,
international treaty obligations, and human rights. The report issued
by the commission will strengthen U.S. national security and help to
re-establish America’s standing in the world.
Co-Sponsors for COMMISSIONonACCOUNTABILITY.org
* Amnesty International USA
* The Brennan Center for Justice
* The Carter Center, Human Rights Program
* The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice, New York
University, School of Law
* Center for the Study of Human Rights in the Americas, UC Davis
* The Center for Victims of Torture
* The Constitution Project
* Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley
* Human Rights First
* Human Rights Watch
* International Center for Transitional Justice
* International Justice Network
* The Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights
* Jewish Council for Public Affairs
* National Institute of Military Justice
* National Religious Campaign Against Torture
* The Open Society Institute
* Physicians for Human Rights
* The Rutherford Institute